Devices won't work as scheduled when OS in sleep mode

Posted on
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 am
tgalbraith offline

Devices won't work as scheduled when OS in sleep mode

My various Insteon lights and switches won't respond as scheduled. They have worked faultlessly for 3 or more years, but now when OS X 10.11.4 is in Sleep Mode, schedules don't activate. Energy Saver settings only have check marks in Wake for Access and Start after Power Failure. If I notice lights haven't switched as scheduled and see the computer is asleep, simply touching the keyboard to Wake computer will shortly (one minute or less) activate all the dormant scheduled switches. Event Log appears to be "asleep" until computer is wakened and scheduled events are quickly reflected at the time of waking.

Posted on
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Devices won't work as scheduled when OS in sleep mode

Correct. When the Mac is asleep, it doesn't do any processing of applications, including Indigo. If you always want your Indigo automation to work, you have to configure your Mac to never go to sleep. The display can turn off, but the Mac itself can never sleep.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 am
tgalbraith offline

Re: Devices won't work as scheduled when OS in sleep mode

Thanks I didn't see or misread the "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off" check box. Funny that it's worked for past three years thru my previous updates. Appreciate the quick reply.

Page 1 of 1