[ANSWERED]Toggling an Event in Uneven Time Increments

Posted on
Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:27 pm
DU Lou offline

[ANSWERED]Toggling an Event in Uneven Time Increments

I currently have an outdoorlinc running a small fountain in my backyard with the following variable and schedules setup:
1. Variable "isFountainOn" based on the modules on/off status.
2. Schedule "Fountain Cycle On/Off" to toggle "isFountainOn" true/false every 15 minutes
3. Schedule "Fountain Daily Schedule On" to enable "Fountain Cycle On/Off" 10AM every morning.
4. Schedule "Fountain Daily Schedule Off" to disable "Fountain Cycle On/Off" 60 minutes after sunset.

Is there an easy way to have step 2 above have some variation of a 15 minute toggle? What if I wanted to have the schedule toggle on for 15 and off for 60 for instance? Is something like that achievable?

Thanks,
~Lou

Posted on
Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Toggling an Event in Uneven Time Increments

Rather than use toggle, you can use an ON command, then add an auto-off for a different time period. So, in your example, your schedule would run every 75 minutes and turn on the light. Then the turn on action would have an auto off that would happen 15 minutes after the turn on. So it would go on for 15 minutes, off for 60, repeat.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm
DU Lou offline

Re: Toggling an Event in Uneven Time Increments

jay (support) wrote:
Rather than use toggle, you can use an ON command, then add an auto-off for a different time period. So, in your example, your schedule would run every 75 minutes and turn on the light. Then the turn on action would have an auto off that would happen 15 minutes after the turn on. So it would go on for 15 minutes, off for 60, repeat.

Jay,
I know you and Matt have bigger fish to fry but I have to say that even answers to simple issues help validate how strong of a brand Indigo Domotics is! I should have known what the solution was.

Thanks for the assist!
~Lou

Page 1 of 1