[SOLVED]Stuck on condition based scheduling

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 am
brentb offline

[SOLVED]Stuck on condition based scheduling

I need to set up an action group to perform various commands on days I work, however some weeks I have to work an extra day of overtime. I set 2 variables that I will change manually unless I can figure out how to draw the info out of the apple calendar app. The first is isVacation Day, and he second is isOvertimeWeek.

So I need indigo to check and if I'm not on vacation (isVacationDay is false) and isOvertimeWeek is false perform these actions on 5 days of the week and if I'm not on vacation and the isOvertimeWeek variable is true, then perform the action group on 6 days of the week. And the action group needs to fire off at a specific time of day.

I'm confused as to the best way to implement this. Any suggestions.

Thanks , Brent

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on condition based scheduling

Are the 5 days always the same days of the week (for instance, M-F)? And is the sixth day also the same (say, Saturday) when it happens?

If so, then I think you have two schedules. The first one performs the same actions on M-F with the condition of if isVacationDay is false. Since these don't vary based on isOvertimeWeek you don't need to look at it.

The second schedule performs the actions on Saturday with the conditions: if isVacationDay is false AND if isOvertimeWeek is true. So it will only execute when it's an overtime week but not a vacation day.

[EDIT]Moved to the Schedules forum since it's a question about schedules.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm
Guest offline

Re: Stuck on condition based scheduling

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1