Is there a way to trigger on multiple variables ?

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:39 am
PeteVis offline

Is there a way to trigger on multiple variables ?

I'm looking for an elegant way to turn on my gas burner when one of my radiator valves is opened. (and vice versa, turn off the gas burner when all valves are closed).

So, I have 5 radiator valves that are controlled through Indigo, they are all virtual devices that engage relays.
I also have 5 corresponding variables, to tell me if the valve is open or closed.

If I create a trigger, I can only choose one event, but ideally, I would like to monitor all 5 variables, and if one valve opens, turn on my gas burner (I think you call it boiler, but that's something different here in Belgium :-)

I have looked at device groups, but these do not work with virtual devices, only actual devices (if I'm not mistaken).

I could do it in a schedule that runs every few minutes, but I'd like to know if there is a more elegant solution, maybe a plugin ?

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:51 am
PeteVis offline

Re: Is there a way to trigger on multiple variables ?

Just after posting this, I found the "Group Change Listener" plugin that seems to do exactly what I want....

:lol:

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I wrote a plugin called Super Conditions that does an If-Then-Else. It sounds like you found what you needed but another option could be to just have a variable that logs the number of open valves, then you could use Super Conditions to evaluate the variable. The plugin can nest.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:35 am
PeteVis offline

I'll check out the Super Conditions, thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 1