Motion Triggers Enable/Disable

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm
qcvictor offline

Motion Triggers Enable/Disable

I use my device motion sensor from dsc plugin for "Light On" with a trigger when motion is detected and another trigger "Light Off" where I set the duration based when "Light On" come true.
I would like Override these triggers when I push manually the switch or double tap and go back when I turn off the switch .....
I read wiki about motion but the sensor from dsc plugin don't work as insteon motion,
Someone for help me with the best practice for this case ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:21 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Motion Triggers Enable/Disable

Are you familiar with the "Disable Trigger" action?

One of the actions when that switch is thrown could be to disable whatever action you don't want happening.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 am
qcvictor offline

Yes has been one of my first test, it's working but I'm stuck how re enable it after the disable ?

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

On the action panel to disable the trigger there is a checkbox option and duration you can enter to have it automatically re-enabled later.

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:56 pm
qcvictor offline

Hey Matt

You talk about the auto-on-after, right?
Doesn't work for me ...

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No, the screenshot you posted shows the Turn Off action. qcvictor above is talking about the Disable Trigger action which is under the Server Actions type popup category. Once that action is selected (it allows you to disable Triggers) you will see the auto-Enable option which can be used to have the Trigger that gets disabled automatically re-enabled after a delay.

Page 1 of 1