[ANSWERED]Can not enter decimal numbers into condition value

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:28 am
CrazyFin offline

[ANSWERED]Can not enter decimal numbers into condition value

I am trying to set a condition value for a trigger to trigger on a certain temp level.

I can enter integer values as temp levels for condition values but when I for example enter "22.5" it does not accept that value and it just returns back to the previous integer value.
If I enter "22,5" with decimal comma instead of decimal point then the value is accepted but I am not sure if the value now is correct since my system is set up to use decimal point and it is decimal point in all other values.
Only integers in temp values for condition fields.jpeg
Only integers in temp values for condition fields.jpeg (38.91 KiB) Viewed 982 times

I am able to enter decimal numbers on the trigger page though:
Decimal numbers possible in trigger.jpeg
Decimal numbers possible in trigger.jpeg (28.64 KiB) Viewed 982 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can not enter decimal numbers into condition value?

CrazyFin wrote:
If I enter "22,5" with decimal comma instead of decimal point then the value is accepted but I am not sure if the value now is correct since my system is set up to use decimal point and it is decimal point in all other values.

I believe that's the issue. The field type for less/greater than in the condition editor has a numeric validator attached because that field always requires a number. Therefore, it uses your localization settings to validate that the value is a valid number. The field on the Trigger page doesn't have a number validator attached to it because it can be used for a variety of types - Indigo performs the validation on that field later.

How do you have your localization settings set to use a period rather than a comma? I'm guessing that it's strictly visual representation as opposed to internal representation which probably still uses a comma.

So, using a comma (by way of your localization settings) should work correctly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1