Disable Trigger Action Question

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

Disable Trigger Action Question

Quick question. The 'Auto-enable after' setting is limited to 23:59:59. This could technically allow a trigger to fire more than once per day (extremely remote, I'll admit). So if I'm thinking about this right, if I want to be sure that the trigger can't possibly fire twice on the same day, I could add a 1 or 2 second delay.

Am I being too pedantic?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Disable Trigger Action Question

DaveL17 wrote:
Quick question. The 'Auto-enable after' setting is limited to 23:59:59. This could technically allow a trigger to fire more than once per day (extremely remote, I'll admit). So if I'm thinking about this right, if I want to be sure that the trigger can't possibly fire twice on the same day, I could add a 1 or 2 second delay.

I sorta doubt it - it probably takes a second for the auto enable action to be created when the action itself fires. Theoretically, I suppose it might happen but in reality it's extremely unlikely. If it really concerns you, then don't do an auto enable but rather start a timer running for 24 hours and have the action be to enable it. Or, if you just want to make sure that it only runs once a calendar day, just create a schedule that runs at midnight every night that enables the trigger.

DaveL17 wrote:
Am I being too pedantic?

Yes. :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:32 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Disable Trigger Action Question

jay (support) wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:
Am I being too pedantic?

Yes. :lol:

You just listen to the old Pork Chop Express here now and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lightning's crashin' and the thunder's rollin' and the rain's coming down in sheets thick as lead. Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Thanks Jay. I suspected as much. I think the timer, while probably overkill, is what I'll do.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1