Ifttt

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 am
Fxguy offline

Ifttt

Anyone know if the if this then that (ifttt) will work with iOS/ indigo? Anyway to automatically turn on home lights when I get close to home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm
FlyingDiver online

Re: Ifttt

See: viewtopic.php?f=216&t=17281

If you have an IFTTT If applet that triggers when you get close to home, then you can tell Indigo to turn on some lights. Setup requires experience with port forwarding, etc, on your router.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Ifttt

I came here from SmartThings, and thought I would have a lot of trouble without IFTTT interaction.

While there's no Indigo channel for IFTTT (not for lack of Indigodomo asking!) I find that especially if I was willing to jettison a few legacy Zigbee sensors left over from SmartThings, I really don't need IFTTT.

Home Remote, IFindStuff, UniFiAP, Location, weather, Alexa, Hue, Nest, XML, button press on your phone, Indigo has a faster way to do it than IFTTT offers. In my experience, IFTTT is slow and very very difficult to troubleshoot as the site offers essentially no logging and absolutely no tech support.

So may I ask: What is it that you want IFTTT to do with Indigo?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1