KeypadLinc and trigger

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 pm
kidney offline

Re: KeypadLinc and trigger

You are right, I couldn't find a single time where the action wasn't sent....

Then how to do I troubleshoot an INSTEON signal issue. Do I change the PowerLinc?

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I wouldn't replace the PowerLinc yet. While it is possible it is marginal, it is more likely there is a signal problem in the house somewhere. I'd suggest you start with the signal troubleshooting steps here.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:14 pm
kidney offline

Sorry for all the trouble i was convinced that the signal wasn't being sent all.... :oops:

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm
kidney offline

OK bought 2 fitlerlinc, what are the appliance that must have one?

Fridge? What else is a sure win to filter?

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Really it can be just about anything. You'll probably have to unplug things to see what improves reliability. UPS's and high-end surge strips can actually cause problems too, so that would be a first place to start.

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am
wideglidejrp offline

Would appreciate some assistance with my keypadlincs. Have been using them for years, but just having a problem. I have a button 5 trigger which executes an action group. The last action in the group does a does an Insteon turn on/off buttons action to turn the #5 light off. It stopped working and I get the following in the log:

Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface INSTEON Commands is not enabled
Error (client) runDialogForMenuAction() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

A second question. Does the Insteon toggle command turn off the keypadlinc button light after it is pushed?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That error indicates some deeper issue - perhaps a permission problem on your install folder. Reboot your Mac and see if that exact error persists.

You can't toggle a KeypadLinc button that's not attached to a load - the toggle command only refers to the KeypadLinc's load.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Thanks. Amazing how re-boot still fixes so many things, even on the Mac. fyi, I tried to read your post on my iPhone. I was unable to login. Something to do with 1Password perhaps. Do you block that?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Nope.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn