Problem with triggering output of I/O Linc 2450

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:23 pm
colovin offline

Problem with triggering output of I/O Linc 2450

I'm running Indigo 6.1.10. trying to run an I/O Linc 2450 firmware 41. All my computer specs are in my signature. I had a EZIO2x4 that died. I'm breaking off the functions it covered into individule 2450's. The output I'm trying to trigger lights a fireplace. Worked fine with the EZIO2x4 till it died. I migrated all the triggers to the 2450. None of them work, all the same problem so I will only illustrate one. Button 7 on a 2486DWH8 KeypadLinc should light the fireplace and then with a built in timer shut if off in 1 hour. Here is the result of a button push:

Sep 9, 2016, 10:53:22 AM
Received INSTEON "KeypadLinc Kitchen" on (button 7)
Trigger KPL Kitchen Button 7 Fire On
Error TriggerAction() caught exception: InvalidParameterError -- output binary index out-of-range

I can manually turn the output on and off from the device window in Indigo. I've got several triggers linked so that when the fire place is on several KeypadLinc buttons light up. Here's manually turning output on and off

Sep 9, 2016, 11:10:34 AM
Sent INSTEON "Garage I/O Link Mail/Fire" on
Trigger Fireplace On Sensor
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" on (scene 47 - KPL Bedroom Button 7)
Trigger KPL Bedroom Button 7 Fire On
Error TriggerAction() caught exception: InvalidParameterError -- output binary index out-of-range
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" on (scene 37 - KPL Kitchen Button 7)

Sep 9, 2016, 11:11:00 AM
Sent INSTEON "Garage I/O Link Mail/Fire" off
Trigger Fireplace Off Sensor
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" off (scene 47 - KPL Bedroom Button 7)
Trigger KPL Bedroom Button 7 Fire Off
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" off (scene 37 - KPL Kitchen Button 7)
Schedule KPL Bedroom Button 7 Fire Off (delayed action)

All these were setup and worked fine with the EZIO2x4. All I did was to migrate everything to the 2450 and change all the actions from the EZIO2x4 to the 2450 within the trigger. Apparently it does not translate well. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. There aren't any options other then to have the output turn on or turn off. Any suggestions?

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problem with triggering output of I/O Linc 2450

I think the problem is the old EZIO's output index is still being used in the Action for the trigger, but is out-of-range of the I/O-Linc (since the I/O-Linc has just a single output). I'm not sure if the UI is reflecting that problem or not, but to try fixing it I would:

Open the Trigger dialog, select the action that targets the I/O-Linc, change the Type temporarily to None, then OK out of the dialog. Re-open that trigger dialog and reset the action back to what you want it to be.

Does it then work correctly without error?

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:56 pm
colovin offline

Re: Problem with triggering output of I/O Linc 2450

Amazingly enough that did work. Funny thing is I just saw your post as I was coming to the Board to post my work around. I suppose the work around bypassed the faulty output index. I created a fireplace variable. Then I had all the actions change the variable to true or false. Setting up a variable action to when true turns on the output when false turns off the output. It's a workable work around. Not sure if I'm going to undo that because it's working so well. BUT I've got two more of these coming in tomorrow, one of which needs to operate my garage door through the output. Soooooo now I know how to set that up. Thank you very much for your fix. The beauty of Indigo is it just works so I don't have to mess around with it very often. When I have to it's always an interesting mental exercise to get things going the way you want them to one way or the other :-)

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Page 1 of 1