[ANSWERED]How Can I Create a ... Overrides a Motion Detector

Posted on
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:37 pm
pdz offline

[ANSWERED]How Can I Create a ... Overrides a Motion Detector

I have an Insteon motion sensor in my garage that turns on the lights, which are controlled by two dual-band Insteon switches. I'd like the garage lights to go on and off under the control of the motion sensor EXCEPT when I use a switch to turn them on, even if I tap the top (ON) of the paddle (double-tap would be okay, too) on the switch after the motion sensor has turned on the lights. Can this be achieved in Indigo? That is, can a set-up a trigger action, "ignore motion sensor OFF command if switch was tapped ON (or double-tapped)"?

Thank you!

Posted on
Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Create a Trigger that Overrides a Motion Detec

You can't do it with direct Insteon links between the motion sensor and the switch.

You can, however, do it with Indigo triggers and a variable. First, create a trigger that turns on the light when the motion sensor goes on (starts detecting motion). Next, create a trigger that sets a variable to "true" when an on command is received from the switch (INSTEON command received trigger). Create a corresponding trigger that sets the variable to "false" when the OFF command is received. Finally, create a trigger that turns the light off when the motion sensor goes off but with a condition that the variable is false.

Something like that is about right, though you may need to tweak it some.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1