[ANSWERED]: On "Email Received" trigger, getting to the Subj

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:53 pm
Empyreal offline

[ANSWERED]: On "Email Received" trigger, getting to the Subj

I've written a small perl script (Mail Indigo Log File, or "milf" :mrgreen: ) that I want to invoke with a python script using the "Email Received" trigger.

Milf takes a couple of command line switches for # of days of logfiles, which lines to suppress, etc.

I was wondering if, in the python script in the "Email Received" trigger, I could get access to the contents of the Subject line, or the whole RFC-822 body?

I would like to pass the command line switches to my Perl program, redirect the output to a temp file, then mail the contents of that temp file back to the my email address.

Thanks!

ps -- more than happy to post my script here once I get the whole thing working with Indigo.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: On "Email Received" trigger, getting to the Subject

Unfortunately, no. We don't have the plumbing in place yet to communicate Trigger information down to the Actions being executed. We really need that though – it would be quite useful in lots of scenarios.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:41 pm
Empyreal offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: On "Email Received" trigger, getting to the

Ah, it would kind of be nice to have params in the email. For now, then, I may switch gears and go with a Mail inbound rule, right from Mail.app.

Thanks for the quick reply. If you don't get tired of hearing it, I won't get tired of saying how phenomenal and knowledgable you guys are and how much it helps using a fairly complex program. Replying to a question from a user on a Friday night, when you live in a happening town like Austin? Now that's dedication!

Page 1 of 1