[ANSWERED]Multiple triggers of same event?

Posted on
Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 am
JanJoh offline

[ANSWERED]Multiple triggers of same event?

Ok, complete Indigo newbie here, actually i have not even set a system up yet. I am currently a Fibaro HC2-user.

Anyway, for a project Indigo seem to be "just the thing". But i am trying to figure out some basics. And I can not find any relevant info in forum/documentation. But i realize that it may just be not using the "right " keywords.

Basically, i would like a number of keyfobs (30-50 i would guess) that all trigger the same event. But in the event i would like to pick up which device that triggered the event for further processing.

It looks to me that I would have to write a trigger for each individual keyfob. Is this correct, or else, where in the docs should I be looking.

THanks in advance!

Posted on
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Multiple triggers of same event?

That's correct - each one will need it's own trigger. You can consolidate the shared actions into an action group and then just add individual actions for the device-specific actions. That will make editing later a bit easier.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 pm
Nine offline

Re: [ANSWERED] Multiple triggers of same event?

Do I really have to create 6 triggers, if I would like to trigger a lamp with 2 motion sensors and depending on the state of the variable 'isNight' choose a different brightness. In fibaro HC2 I used to write one single 'action' with a few lines of code... :shock:

AND: Will the lights get off, if just one motion sensor is set to false or only of both motion sensors are set to false (witch is what I want)?

Nine

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:12 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Multiple triggers of same event?

You can likely do that all in a single scripting action that fires with a trigger. If you need help in creating that, though, we may need a bit more information about the setup and the exact parameters of what you would like to do.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:54 pm
Nine offline

triggers: 2 fibaro motion sensors

action: when motion (regardless of which sensor) is detected, turn on my philips hue lightstrips --> as long as motion is detected (regardless of which sensor), the hue lights remain on --> if both motion sensors don't detect any motion, then turn off the lights after eg. 60s (I do not want to set the set this time as a parameter of the motion sensor - I'd like to use a delay in the script).

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Here's what I'd do: create a Device Group with your two motion sensors in it. Next, create a trigger such that when the group goes on, it executes a script. The script would check the isDaylight variable and set the brightness accordingly:

Code: Select all
isDaylight = indigo.variables["isDaylight"].value
if isDaylight == "true":
    indigo.dimmer.setBrightness(123, value=75)  # substitute the ID of your Hue light device
else:
    indigo.dimmer.setBrightness(123, value=45)  # substitute the ID of your Hue light device

Create another trigger such that when the group goes off (create the group such that ANY device that's on causes the group to go on) then it turns off the lights, and add your 60 second delay to the Turn Off action.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:20 pm
shapa offline

Still, I don't really understand why not to make it easier - to be able to specify multiple devices in a trigger...

Virtually all competing products support that

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Oh, we definitely have improving the usability of triggers on the feature request list. But everything on that list takes time to design, develop, and QA. That is the reason we cannot have all of the features on the request list right now.

Posted on
Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:38 am
shapa offline

Matt,

Everyone here really appreciate what you guys did for us - the best (IMHO) home automation software on the market.

But (again IMHO) multiple devices trigger functionality is very basic feature (not to implement probably) - 90% of my triggers are "multiple source" initiated, and such functionality will greatly simplify configuration.

Right now it's a nightmare to maintain (to make any changes), especially in case of 3-4 devices involved in a trigger.

Anyway, not an emergency.

Posted on
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:01 am
howartp offline

Have you seen the Group Trigger plugin?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7728

Posted on
Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

shapa wrote:
Right now it's a nightmare to maintain (to make any changes), especially in case of 3-4 devices involved in a trigger.

Can you say more about your "nightmare" pain?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1