[ANSWERED]One Time Condition Trigger

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:04 pm
CraigM offline

[ANSWERED]One Time Condition Trigger

I' m setting up a trigger that sends me an email when the Exterior Temp is less than the Interior HVAC set point.

So far I have:
TempSetpointHouse [variable]
TempEXTERIOR [variable]

Both are being populated correctly

The Trigger:
Type: Variable Changed
Variable: TempEXTERIOR
• changes

The Condition:
If ALL match
Variable >tempEXTERIOR > is less than > variable > TempSetpointHouse
if current time > is between > 5p and 10p

Action:
Send email

Everything works fine, but I get an email every time the Exterior Temp changes. What I want is only ONE WARNING email the first time is occurs.

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: One Time Condition Trigger

This is less a condition problem, and more of a "when to trigger" problem (or when to fire trigger actions). One approach is to create another variable (setpointWarning) that gets set to true when the email gets sent. Then you add another condition that says "if variable setpointWarning is false". Initially, you'll set the value to false. Then, when it happens and the email is sent the variable is set to true, so that the next time the trigger fires it won't execute the actions (because it already has).

The only thing left to do is reset the setpointWarning variable to false. Depending on how often you want to get the notification, you could just for instance have a schedule that sets it to false every day at midnight. So, basically, you'll get the notification at most once a day in that scenario.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the trigger section since it's more about triggering events than it is about conditions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1