[ANSWERED]ONE Trigger for Any Command except Battery Update?

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 am
oddhenrik offline

[ANSWERED]ONE Trigger for Any Command except Battery Update?

Hi! :D

The situation:
I have a bunch of "scene controllers" or Remote Double/Single Switche's controlling lights etc. But I also have a lot of automated lighting control. I want to make a trigger that sets a variable for manual light control when any button or action is done from one or several of these scene controllers. So making a Trigger of Type Z-Wave Event and the Event Recived = Any Command if perfect. Except that it also triggers on any "Battery Level Update". This is not a bug but just very inconvenient, because then it means I have to make a trigger for each Command, and that is a bunch...!

trigger.png
All the commands
trigger.png (87.45 KiB) Viewed 1601 times

Is there a clever way of doing this and excluding the trigger from triggering on the Battery Level Update, but react to all the others? E.g. some kind of Condition script I can apply? I have not fully grasped the concept, if any, on how to pick up the trigger event Z-Wave Command Received inside the condition script and test on it. Whatever I try fails.

Can off course implement a plugin for this, but just wanted to check if there already is a simple solution. :wink:

Yours,
ʞᴉɹuǝH-ppO

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ONE Trigger for Any Command except Battery Level Update?

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this (nor any good hack/workaround I can think of). I'll add it to our feature request list though.

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:06 am
oddhenrik offline

Re: [ANSWERED]ONE Trigger for Any Command except Battery Upd

Thx Matt!

Good to get that confirmed. :D
I'll look into if I can make a trigger catching everything but the battery update in deviceUpdated then.

Yours,
ʞᴉɹuǝH-ppO

Page 1 of 1