Does it Exsist?

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm
Sharek326 offline

Does it Exsist?

One of the things I would like to add to my Home Automation is the ability to interact more via voice. I currently use the Alexa Hub plugin and have a few Echo dots around the house to turn lights on and off but is there anything out there now that will allow me to do more.

For example be able to say "Alexa what's the temperature in the Living Room"? or "Alexa did I lock the front door"?

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Does it Exsist?

Sharek326 wrote:
For example be able to say "Alexa what's the temperature in the Living Room"? or "Alexa did I lock the front door"?

There's much more you can do, overall, with voice and much depends on which voice provider you use. To get Alexa to answer the first question you'll need to add a skill to Alexa to communicate with your thermostat or sensors as the Hue Bridge can only control lights. You can also look at using Siri which can do both of those things and much more. Google Assistant is another option, I think there's a plugin for it but I'm personally only using Alex Hue Bridge and Homebridge buddy.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1