AppleTV App?

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:43 am
Fxguy offline

AppleTV App?

I love my Indigo App for my phone, but am finding I am using my Apple TV more and more (especially now with Amazon Prime Support!) Are there any plans on releasing an Apple TV app to control things?

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am
durosity offline

Re: AppleTV App?

A while ago they did ask if we’d rather an Apple TV app or a watch app.. not that either happened.. but I seem to recall the tvOS option winning out so it’s certainly something they’ve considered.

On a side note you can voice control indigo with an appletv already if you setup HomeBridge.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There's also a TV app with Home Remote.

It's on our list but honestly the priority isn't terribly high because demand just isn't very high.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:54 am
gillekes offline

1+ for the appletv :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
There's also a TV app with Home Remote.

It's on our list but honestly the priority isn't terribly high because demand just isn't very high.

Indeed I’d agree there’s other much higher priorities. Like all the ones I’ve made over the years. Ya lazy sods!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:39 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Having spent a not-inconsiderable amount of time on this project in multiple forms I can say that getting this will be pretty far fetched. The API's required to do this were pretty crazy on the OLD Apple TV's, let alone ATV4+. The way that Roomie and all those folks did it was by packet sniffing and a lot of reverse engineering and they are the only ones that really have a 'solid' way to get it done.

Between Indigo Python, Obj-C, Swift, C, C#, C++ and VB I've never found a reliable way to do very much with ATV.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:47 pm
durosity offline

Wait.. are you meaning controlling the AppleTV from Indigo? The topic was originally about controlling indigo from the ATV.. :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:51 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Yes, that is what I was talking about.... LOL. I've been so absent lately that catching up is proving to be mind boggling. So, mind boggled. For me I've migrated to voice controlled everything so having an app on the ATV wouldn't be beneficial, might even feel super clunky compared to a control page.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm
Korey offline

+1 for a Plugin to control an Apple TV!!

Lets get the roomie guys to make it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:39 am
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Yes, that is what I was talking about.... LOL. I've been so absent lately that catching up is proving to be mind boggling.

Simple solution to this problem, dude.. make Indigo your #1 priority in life. :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:57 am
MarcoGT offline

durosity wrote:

Simple solution to this problem, dude.. make Indigo your #1 priority in life. :D

Wife would be disappointed
Indigo would be prio#1 only when nothing works; when everything works fine and I want to setup something new, no chances

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:07 am
Different Computers offline

What part of ATV control isn’t doable by a Harmony Hub?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:12 am
durosity offline

Different Computers wrote:
What part of ATV control isn’t doable by a Harmony Hub?

Ideally control would involve 2 way comms (as in knowing what app/film/etc is playing at the moment) and the ability to specify a particular action such as “open SecuritySpy” neither of which is possible with the Harmony hub. Alas unless apple gives us a real API for it it’s never gonna happen.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:03 am
Different Computers offline

durosity wrote:

Ideally control would involve 2 way comms

Ahhhhh. Of course. That would be slick!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:03 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
Ahhhhh. Of course. That would be slick!

I agree and I've looked at a number of ways to do this without jailbreaking the AppleTV and it's more trouble than it's worth. My plugin got as far as being able to do a few minor things with the ATV but the stuff I really wanted it to do I couldn't get to happen - and all of this with an extremely hacked "API" that was sniffed from Roomie and Harmony (who both hacked and reverse engineered the protocols). When it was just basic HTTP commands it was easier (but still bad) but ATV4 changed it all.

Check Them Out Here