WallMote Quad

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 am
Turribeach offline

WallMote Quad

Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a Aeotec WallMote Quad to use them as light dimmers. These are supported on v7.x. Anyone else has had any experience with them already?

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: WallMote Quad

91 views but no replies. :(

Seems like it's too new. I am taking the plunge and buying one from Amazon UK since Amazon itself is selling them so I can always return it back. Let me know if you have any specific questions as I am going to try to review it as much as I can.

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:06 pm
Turribeach offline

Found an unboxing video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3NtTOOv5jI

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 am
durosity offline

Pretty cool... i really wish someone would make a device like this but with wires for hooking up to existing switches. Basically a battery operated 2 or 4 or whatever binary input sensor that can be used with existing styles of switches rather than these lovely but mismatching with existing switch style devices.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am
Turribeach offline

Not sure if I follow you. Fibaro Switches and Dimmers integrate with existing switches with no problem. Plus this is a touch dimmer, not sure how you would integrate a touch dimmer with an existing switch, you can't touch dim on a regular light switch.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:57 am
DaveL17 offline

Turribeach wrote:
91 views but no replies. :(

Seems like it's too new. I am taking the plunge and buying one from Amazon UK since Amazon itself is selling them so I can always return it back. Let me know if you have any specific questions as I am going to try to review it as much as I can.

For me the problem is that it works on a "Zed Wave" network and I have a "Zee Wave" network. :D

Actually a nice looking device, but it wouldn't really fit into our install.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 am
Turribeach offline

Granted you are using a different standard but that's the beauty of Indigo, you are locked into a single standard. All you need is the Aeotec USB Z-Stick (which costs less than £ 45 on Amazon UK) and you can add Z-Wave devices. Ultimately you shouldn't need to worry which standard a device is as long as it does what you want and it integrates with Indigo properly.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 am
autolog offline

Turribeach wrote:
... that's the beauty of Indigo, you are locked into a single standard. ...

I presume you meant:
that's the beauty of Indigo, you are NOT locked into a single standard

:)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am
DaveL17 offline

Turribeach wrote:
Granted you are using a different standard but that's the beauty of Indigo, you are locked into a single standard. All you need is the Aeotec USB Z-Stick (which costs less than £ 45 on Amazon UK) and you can add Z-Wave devices. Ultimately you shouldn't need to worry which standard a device is as long as it does what you want and it integrates with Indigo properly.

Sorry - my durosity-style sarcasm didn't land. I was just joking that it was "zed" instead of "zee".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 am
durosity offline

Turribeach wrote:
Not sure if I follow you. Fibaro Switches and Dimmers integrate with existing switches with no problem. Plus this is a touch dimmer, not sure how you would integrate a touch dimmer with an existing switch, you can't touch dim on a regular light switch.

I more just meant a battery based module that can sit behind a grid switch panel to have the same basic effect. Of course as you said it wouldn’t be touch based, but that doesn’t bother me. I just dislike having lots of wall warts that look different :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:06 am
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Turribeach wrote:

Sorry - my durosity-style sarcasm didn't land. I was just joking that it was "zed" instead of "zee".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one can match my style of sarcasm or wit. Or lack there of.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 am
CliveS offline

Turribeach wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a Aeotec WallMote Quad to use them as light dimmers. These are supported on v7.x. Anyone else has had any experience with them already?

Thanks!

Sorry missed this first time round, yes I have one.
Was going to buy when Vesternet had them at around 50 pounds, then they withdrew them and 4 months later they reappear at 80 odd pounds...
Anyway I bought one, not that impressed really.
It has a habit of talking to the controller and seems every time it does it flashes the + LED's yellow so as I was going to put them next to the bed that got a big fat zero from the other half, she was not impressed with it flashing all night.
I was going to put 5v into them permanently but when you charge them they will not talk to the controller. The only way I can see of doing it is to take the usb cables to a wall wart and plug that into a TBK switch that gets turned on when the WallMote hits say 60% and charge for 2 hours and turn off as you will not be able to see when it reaches 100%.
I cannot seem to get the dimming to work so set it to tap once for 25%, then tap again for 50% then tap once more for 100% on switch 1 and turn off on switch 3 press.
As I have it controlling a Hue bulb I can use Nathan's excellent Hue plugin and ramp to 25>50>100 over 5 seconds.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:

No one got what I meant, so I came close. :D

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm
howartp offline

DaveL17 wrote:
durosity wrote:

No one got what I meant, so I came close. :D

I did :-)

I have always wondered what the official pronunciation of Zwave was; is it just down to the local pronunciation of the letter 'z' or is it a 'thing' with a specific pronunciation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:58 pm
durosity offline

WallMote Quad

I’m gonna say it should be zed.. as in Zed’s dead baby, Zed’s dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.