Recommendation for water shut-off and flow monitor

Posted on
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:36 am
Juggler offline

Recommendation for water shut-off and flow monitor

Overnight the safety valve on our hot-water tank blue, causing water to spray over our furnace room. Fortunately, I did have flood sensors and Indigo immediately notified me. The good news, I now have explicit “permission” from my better half to get a water shut-off valve.

Looking for recommendations for a water shut-off valves. I’d also like to be able to monitor my water consumption, so some sort of flow monitor would be great as well (are there any integrated devices?). I have both Insteon and Z-wave networks.

Many thanks,
J.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am
aldera offline

Re: Recommendation for water shut-off and flow monitor

Juggler wrote:
Overnight the safety valve on our hot-water tank blue, causing water to spray over our furnace room. Fortunately, I did have flood sensors and Indigo immediately notified me. The good news, I now have explicit “permission” from my better half to get a water shut-off valve.

Looking for recommendations for a water shut-off valves. I’d also like to be able to monitor my water consumption, so some sort of flow monitor would be great as well (are there any integrated devices?). I have both Insteon and Z-wave networks.

Many thanks,
J.

I use a Dome DMWV1 valve with Indigo and it works fine. No cutting into the waterline. It just turns the water on/off using the shutoff valve you have on your line. Don't know if there are any Z-Wave flow monitoring devices.

Here's the link to the product on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dome-Home-Automa ... B01LX3JFR8

Page 1 of 1