Indigo 7 down Help!

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 pm
Fxguy offline

Indigo 7 down Help!

I came home tonight to find that my Indigo 7 server seems to have crashed. The event log shows

Received INSTEON 20.E8.26 on (button 1)
Received INSTEON 20.E8.26 off (button 1)

add nauseam. The only thing is I don't have a device with that address showing at all. I tried restarting the server and its still doing that. Any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Indigo 7 down Help!

Unplug the Insteon interface. Something is generating bad Insteon traffic.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Korey offline

Fxguy wrote:
I came home tonight to find that my Indigo 7 server seems to have crashed. The event log shows

add nauseam. The only thing is I don't have a device with that address showing at all. I tried restarting the server and its still doing that. Any ideas?

Could be your powerlinc died as well.

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:40 pm
Fxguy offline

Tried unplugging the PowerLinc interface and replugging it in. No luck, as soon as I plug it back in the signal is there.

Don't think its the powerlinc because I can still send a signal via the indigo app on my phone and it works fine. But something is definitely generating bad traffic or noise. Again, the device address is not one I know of so I can't really narrow it down to a particular device since none of my devices have that address.

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For troubleshooting noise, try plugging the PowerLinc into different outlets (on different circuits) around the house using an extension cord so you don't have to move your Mac around.

If you get the same incoming message on several circuits, I'd say it is the PowerLinc malfunctioning. If you don't then you can start trying to identify what might be causing it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 pm
Fxguy offline

Ok, so my powerlinc is working, I can still manage everything via Alex and the iOS app. Everything appears to be working fine except for the event log showing the on and off signals being received every second. Aren't device ID's /addresses hard wired / hard coded to the device? Can figure out why the address isn't one that shows up at all.

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you try different outlets on different circuits as I suggested?

Indigo is just reporting what the PowerLinc is sending it. Either it is malfunctioning or there is noise or another malfunctioning INSTEON device spewing traffic on to the network. Trying different outlets / circuits will help you determine that.

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 am
Fxguy offline

Haven't had time to test until today. As I test, do I need to disconnect my Access Point Dual Band that bridges the two branches in my home? From what I can see this is what I can do:

1) Disconnect the Access Point and see if I get the noise :
If there is still noise, plug in my powerlinc to the outlet where the Access Point was (effectively switching it to the other circuit)
If there is still noise then its likely my powerlinc
If noise is gone, then its a device on the first circuit.

Sound about right?

Posted on
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is a reasonable approach, but a lot of INSTEON modules are dual-band and will bridge the 2 power legs so just unplugging an Access Point won't necessarily isolate the power legs. I'd recommend trying several different outlets/circuits to see if the incoming message ever stops. There is a possibility it is another module that is malfunctioning that is sending the command, so you might have to unplug (and "air gap" switches/keypads) INSTEON modules too. You could also turn off breakers to more quickly disable/disconnect modules.

Page 1 of 1