duplicate events from my motion detectors

Posted on
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:31 pm
t-star offline

duplicate events from my motion detectors

i am getting a lot of duplicate motion detector events. it seems to have started in the last month or so. the only thing that I am aware of that has changed is Indigo versions, and changed the location of the USB interface.

screen shot attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 9.16.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 9.16.20 PM.png (226.15 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: duplicate events from my motion detectors

Lots of INSTEON modules send duplicate messages. Indigo does it best to filter those out, but if they come with too much of a delay between them then Indigo has to assume it is a new command (even though it may not be). The problem likely started because there is some subtle change in your INSTEON network caused by modules moving around (or being added/removed), or some appliance/electronics causing noise that the modules are having to work around (by re-broadcasting).

If moving modules around or filtering devices doesn't help, and you are having Triggers that are inadvertently executing twice, then you can add an addition action on to those triggers to temporarily disable themselves. There is an action type to disable triggers, and you can use the option auto re-enable trigger checkbox to have it re-enable itself after just a few seconds.

Page 1 of 1