Wifi Latency with Mac Mini Running Indigo

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 pm
mattmullen offline

Wifi Latency with Mac Mini Running Indigo

Hello,
Over the last few months my wifi and wired connections were getting worse and worse.
I began isolating various wifi and ethernet devices until it became clear that the mac mini running indigo was for whatever reason using up bandwidth and causing latency in the network. The cable company confirmed this on a visit to my house while showing me ping stats with the mac plugged in via ethernet vs unplugged. I decided to bite the bullet, format the mac and start from scratch. I installed Mac OS Sierra and installed Indigo and added in all of my devices . It seems I am having similar problems after setting up my system again. Can anybody offer any advice on where to look for a bandwidth hog in Indigo?

Thanks Matt

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 pm
johnfdl offline

Re: Wifi Latency with Mac Mini Running Indigo

Did u rule in Indigo by testing network congestion/bandwidth before installing Indigo (or when Indigo is not running? Just a thought to ensure the correct diagnosis was made.

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 1:58 pm
johnpolasek offline

If shutting down Indigo while leaving the mac running causes the problem to go away, then next thing to do is to restart Indigo with all plugins disabled and then retest as you reenable them on by one. And (remembering a VM problem I had a long time ago) check for multiple devices having the same IP; that can REALLY foul up the network traffic.

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 pm
mattmullen offline

Thanks for the replys.
It turned out to be a piece of software called Simple Hub for Simple Control.
Shut it off and away went the problem.
Now I have to figure that out.
Regards, Matt

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 pm
NewfD90 offline

I run the Simple Hub on my Mini too. Have for years with no issues...

Page 1 of 1