Surveillance Camera

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 5:30 am
bluefightingcat offline

Surveillance Camera

I want to setup a couple of Surveillance Cameras in my home. I've been looking around the forums to see what can be done but I'm a little confused about what exactly is achievable.

Essentially what I want to do is this:

- If my Indigo Trigger is triggered then I want the Surveillance Camera to start recording video preferably (pictures are ok as a 2nd option).
- I only want my camera to be on when the trigger has been triggered
- Preferably I would want the footage saved on my own computer/server but have it still accessible through the internet.

What would I need to do to get started? What do I need to look in to?

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Surveillance Camera

See

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=239

With any IP capable camera that has a "snapshot" URL access (which almost all of them do), this can save a 1 frame per second record into a library directory on command from indigo and play it back onto a control page...

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 am
Korey offline

You should also take a look at Security Spy and Perry's wonderful Security Spy Plugin for Indigo.

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 9:42 am
howartp offline

Or autolog's Foscam HD Controller plugin if you get Foscam's.

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm
dbm offline

I recently installed some PoE cameras and am using SecuritySpy to manage them. Highly recommended. I haven't yet integrated it with Indigo yet (but that's one reason I opted for SecuritySpy, and cameras compatible with it, in the first place).

The two exterior camera types I ended up with I bought from B&H. I opted for the Axis M3027-PVE 5MP for soffit/ceiling mount ($624), and the "Hikvision 4MP Vandal-Resistant Outdoor Network Dome Camera with 2.8-12mm Varifocal Lens & Night Vision DS-2CD2742FWD-IZSB" in black for the walls ($325). The Axis is a panoramic camera, but note the Hikvision has software-controllable focus and zoom, but manual pan and tilt. So be prepared to spend some time on a ladder getting it right.

SecuritySpy does allow for trigger-based recording of both photos and video. Both the video files and photo images end up in the same directory on your computer. There is an option, which I have not set up, to make it accessible via the Internet.

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 pm
bluefightingcat offline

Thanks for the replies so far. Will definitely look into this.

Page 1 of 1