Sprinkler run times - variable?

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:31 am
BeeEss offline

Sprinkler run times - variable?

Hi, all!

I'm wanting to build a Control Page to set the start times and zone run durations for my sprinkler device. Setting the start time ought to be easy enough using the excellent EPS - Alarm Clock plugin, but I'm trying to come up with a simple way to run a watering schedule with zone run times stored in variables. I doubt I'm this lucky, but can I just substitute the values in this interface with variable names?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj96cfstvvxy3xl/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-26%20at%209.12.50%20AM.png?dl=0

In other words, instead of '18.00' in the box, could it be as simple as putting a variable name ('morningGardenRuntime')?

If that doesn't work, is this the python equivalent of what's happening in the screenshot?

Code: Select all
indigo.sprinkler.run(myDeviceID, schedule=[18,18,18, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0])

I assume that if I use indigo.sprinkler.run I would need to calculate the 'Multiply durations by Variable value' myself? If I'm missing something really obvious let me know :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Sprinkler run times - variable?

No variable substitution on those fields.

The sprinkler run command looks correct, and yes you'd have to calculate the duration multiplier yourself.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am
BeeEss offline

Re: Sprinkler run times - variable?

Perfect - thanks!

Page 1 of 1