Which thermostat is your favorite with Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:21 am
scotsman offline

Which thermostat is your favorite with Indigo?

I currently have two Venstar T1900 thermostats with the old plug-in INSTEON 2441V controller running my air conditioning and heating. All programming/timers are done via Indigo - and I barely touch them.

They are increasing unreliable and one has now failed. Wondering what to replace them with. What is your favourite thermostat?

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 pm
roussell offline

Re: Which thermostat is your favorite with Indigo?

I both two 2441TH stats years ago and have never had a problem with either. I can't even remember the last time I touched one as Indigo controls their schedules and cycles.

Terry

Posted on
Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Still lovin my Nest. Have a 2441TH as well. Both problem free for quite a long time.

Carl

Posted on
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I have a Trane Z-Wave thermostat that's rock solid. I also have a Honeywell WiFi thermostat and it's fairly reliable, though because their API requires connecting to their hosted service I usually get timeout errors several times a week.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 pm
Korey offline

3 Venstar T1900 Indigo controlled thermostats here and they are still going strong, Just wish there was a way to have them not fill up the log with temperature updates all the time. :wink:

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm
jltnol offline

I have a 2441TH, but when I first got it, found it cycled the system on and off fairly quickly. Had to build a trigger to lower the set temp 1º when the system turned on, and then raise it 1º when the system when off. Problem solved.

I'm in the middle of moving, and the 2441TH has to stay with the house, so I was looking at the Honeywell WiFi units, but am unhappy that they require commands to be sent to the cloud and back.

OTOH, the 2441TH has been really really reliable. No problems, so will probably just buy a new one once the move is complete.

Posted on
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:26 am
roussell offline

jltnol wrote:
I have a 2441TH, but when I first got it, found it cycled the system on and off fairly quickly. Had to build a trigger to lower the set temp 1º when the system turned on, and then raise it 1º when the system when off. Problem solved....

I think there is a way to adjust the deadband by using a raw Insteon command. Mine has never needed it, but I seem to remember something in the command set from years ago. Maybe Matt or Jay know the command.

Terry

Page 1 of 1