Moving to another house

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:03 am
yassi offline

Moving to another house

Because I have to move to another house, I would like to pack some things not needed.
And would like to know how-to handle some Indigo devices.
Should I exclude them or just delete the devices from Indigo and add them later when in the new house?
I mean, I will use the same network, the same Indigo, the same Mac, they will be just offline when no batteries and packed.

Thanks,
Yassi

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:33 am
jalves offline

Re: Moving to another house

I'd just uncheck (comm enabled column) the devices and any associated triggers/schedules. When unplugging the devices from the existing house, mark them so you know what they originally controlled. In the new house try to use the devices for the same thing and then re-enable communication and related triggers/schedules. That should save you some time re-creating things in the new home. Good luck.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:02 am
DaveL17 offline

I agree with @Jalves, and would add that you'll want to re-sync all of your devices in their new locations. If doing that manually, start from the device nearest the controller and work your way out. Alternatively, if it's available in your version of Indigo, run the 'Optimize Z-Wave Network' command from the Indigo Interfaces --> Z-Wave menu.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I did this exact thing last year. I still have cruft left over from the old house. Given what I know now, I think I would have just started over. Any scripts, etc, that were useful of course I would have moved over, but there is a ton of stuff that just doesn't really translate well into the new house.

Of course, that may be just me, so YMMV.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:09 pm
yassi offline

Ok, guys, thanks a lot, I will do so!

Yassi

Page 1 of 1