Security Spy w/ Insteon IP Camera Setup

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:31 am
Fxguy offline

Security Spy w/ Insteon IP Camera Setup

Is security spy the best plugin / setup for use with an Insteon IP Camera wireless setup? I've got an Insteon IP Wireless camera that I'm considering setting up as a security cam for our front porch and very new to the idea. Looking for something I can trigger with the motion sensor and then record video for future retrieval and viewing. Also triggering a live view of the feed would be helpful. Can security spy handle this? or is their another solution that would be better?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm
billtimes3 offline

Re: Security Spy w/ Insteon IP Camera Setup

I'd be curious to see how this works out. I have security spy installed as well. I'll say the security spy software is very flexible as far as cameras it works with and seems very stable. I have been running it for about 6 months now and always is available. A few cameras go off line now and then, but come back. I run 9 cameras right now between two properties. nice to have them combined.

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:40 pm
Fxguy offline

Re: Security Spy w/ Insteon IP Camera Setup

An update..... I was able to get the camera setup with Security Spy and the camera is a D-Link camera. Setup motion triggered capture and was able to integrate with Indigo. Only thing now is I need to setup / integrate the doorbell with it to use the doorbell to trigger capture instead of motion. Either that or a motion sensor I have (currently the motion capture is triggered by motion detected by the camera not a separate sensor).

Only problem so far is that we have so many cars that drive by that are triggering capture that I don't have a lot of space available to store captures.

Page 1 of 1