Getting Weather Info in UK

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 am
trevorsmith offline

Getting Weather Info in UK

What are fellow UK users using to get weather data, both current and forecast?

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 am
benip offline

Re: Getting Weather Info in UK

I'm using WUnderground, via Dave's plugin, with extra charting on control pages from the new Matplotlib plugin. I upload Netatmo weatherstation readings from my garden to WU via the Wunderstation plugin as well.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 am
trevorsmith offline

Great! I have a Netatmo too, and I didn't even know it could talk to Indigo. Is it easy to set that up?

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm
durosity offline

There's also the cynicalweather plugin that gets its info from dark skies/forecast.io

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 am
racarter offline

I have a Maplin weather station which uploads to Wunderground via pywws on a Raspberry Pi. I've been using Dave's Wunderground plug-in to get the weather data into Indigo but the Wunderground API is broken so until it's fixed I wrote some code to get the station data directly into Indigo from the Pi.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:11 am
DaveL17 offline

Hopefully, WUnderground will have their API issues sorted early in the new year. I understand that they have staffing issues and this may not be the highest thing on their priority list, but I can't imagine that the fix on their end could be that complicated.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:51 am
johnpolasek offline

racarter wrote:
I have a Maplin weather station which uploads to Wunderground via pywws on a Raspberry Pi. I've been using Dave's Wunderground plug-in to get the weather data into Indigo but the Wunderground API is broken so until it's fixed I wrote some code to get the station data directly into Indigo from the Pi.

Have you checked if Weathersnoop supports the station; I use that to both upload my data to Wunderground and Indigo at the same time because the satellite internet link is unreliable in bad weather and I like to keep all the data locally.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 am
racarter offline

I believe Weathersnoop does support the Maplin station but unfortunately my Mac Mini running Indigo isn't anywhere near the weather station base unit - hence the use of a Pi.

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:39 am
benip offline

Netatmo talks to Indigo via Berkinet's plugin. It does the job excellently!

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 am
johnpolasek offline

racarter wrote:
I believe Weathersnoop does support the Maplin station but unfortunately my Mac Mini running Indigo isn't anywhere near the weather station base unit - hence the use of a Pi.

I used a Silex USBtoWIFI bridge to solve that same problem with the RFX that has to live in the attic to cover all the temperature sensors throughout the house and in the freezer. It's more expensive than the Pi, but I was able to "borrow" it to get my Z-stick close enough to my door lock to include it before it would talk through the relay to the server room, and isolate a powerline signal noise problem by temporarily moving my powermodem into an outbuilding that could still see the router.

Page 1 of 1