TV on off.

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:20 pm
Face Flop offline

TV on off.

Is there something that can turn a TV on and off? I know I could use a wall plug device to turn the TV off, but that wont help with the ON.

I want my security system monitor to on/off with the away/home status that I set.

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:44 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: TV on off.

Is there something that can turn a TV on and off? I know I could use a wall plug device to turn the TV off, but that wont help with the ON.

It depends on your TV as to the best route to take, but in short... yes. If you have a TV that is supported by one of the plugins, that would be best/easiest most likely; otherwise you could use an IR emitter (such as the iTach devices.) If you let us know the brand/model of TV we can tell you if there is an available plugin or script that can already do the job.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:25 pm
Face Flop offline

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

As far as I know, your best option for that particular unit will be to look at the iTach devices in order to send the proper On / Off IR codes. These connect to your home network and may be controlled by Indigo via a plugin.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:54 am
howartp offline

Have a look at the globalcache IR control database as well; that has IR codes for loads of brands that you can copy and paste (1 by 1) into IR commands in the plugin referred to above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:04 am
howartp offline

Ps, if you can find documentation and control protocol, that TV model does have a USB port that's labelled as Media/Service - which probably means it supports RS232 serial control.

It probably won't be usable to turn ON the TV because the USB port will go to sleep when the TV is off - BUT if the rs232 protocol for that TV supports blanking then that would probably meet your needs.

I just got an LG TV that does all the above - I want to compare energy usage of standby versus blanked&muted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1