Doorbell sensor

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Doorbell sensor

Adding a last update trigger is already on the list for consideration in a future version. Don't expect it soon though... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:44 am
durosity offline

petematheson wrote:
No go :( it doesn't update as the value doesn't change from open to closed

Do us a favour, go to triggers and z wave event then post a screen shot of the options available from the "recieved" menu for your device

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:49 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
Adding a last update trigger is already on the list for consideration in a future version. This feature will definitely be included in the indigo 7 public beta that we're releasing at 9am GMT tomorrow. Also we're proud to announce that every copy of Indigo 7 comes with a free kitten.

Sounds good to me Jay! Looks like Matt has been doing all the heavy lifting while you've been lounging around drinking Irn Bru and listening to your favourite band... one direction!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:59 am
petematheson offline

durosity wrote:
petematheson wrote:
No go :( it doesn't update as the value doesn't change from open to closed

Do us a favour, go to triggers and z wave event then post a screen shot of the options available from the "recieved" menu for your device

You beauty. If I set it to Z-wave command = On for the device then it works every time ! :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:40 pm
durosity offline

Awesome! Guess jay can delay the Indigo 7 launch after all!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am
dduff617 offline

sorry i'm chiming in late on this - no pun intended...

you can go with a completely wireless unit with options described, including some z-wave units.

otoh, if you have an existing button and/or door chime and you are ok keeping them, then ELK (the alarm company) makes a little circuit board called appropriately "Doorbell and Telephone Ring Detector" (ELK-930) that converts low-voltage doorbell to standard contact closure-type output. in fact, it has two separate circuits in case you have separate front/back doorbells. as a bonus it also has a telephone ring detector circuit as well. here's a description.

you can buy this little circuit board for about $60. smarthome also sells it bundled with an I/Olinc for $90. If you wanted to do multiple doorbells and phone, you'd need either multiple I/OLinc's or a multi-input relay such as EZIO2x4. you could use that unit's outputs to provide the ability to ring the doorbell(s) from Indigo as well as detect them.

david

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:50 pm
petematheson offline

Thanks @dduff617
I bought a Honeywell wireless doorbell unit a few months back, so now I can mute the doorbell when the little one sleeps. And I have a wireless unit that flashes when the doorbell is pushed.
Now it's integrated with the house I can use Indigo to flash the lights in each room when the doorbell is rung :)

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:21 am
durosity offline

Do you integrate your media system into it too? If so getting it to pause the tv when the doorbell rings is awesome too :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 am
petematheson offline

Is there a way to detect if the Sky box is on? I'm only sending commands to hue lights if they're on. May have to look into that though! Would need to pause plex if it's playing (doable) and sky if it was on.
I'm changing to SkyQ soon - not sure if that helps / complicates things in that department.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 am
howartp offline

I have a part-working Sky plugin, but I'm also intending moving to SkyQ so I've kinda stopped doing with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:49 am
petematheson offline

I may be able to get a friends and family deal if you can get away with being a new customer somehow? £12 per month for SkyQ Silver, 2TB box plus a second box. BARGAIN!!!

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:33 am
durosity offline

I've got a part working sky plugin too of my own making but It's really only for me learning to develop plugins as it revolves around IR and the rs232 port rather than IP stuff (if howartp ever sends me his abandoned work I might try to merge it for an all powerful plugin ;)

Does skyQ use the same IP adds/protocols?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:49 am
petematheson offline

No clue yet - My install date's in about 4 weeks time, can't wait!

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:04 am
durosity offline

Cool! I've lost all interest in sky subscriptions. The second the bumped up the prices of non sports channels to pay for the ridiculous expensive premiership matches (or whatever it was) I killed my contract with them

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 am
durosity offline

However I've found the free service sufficient! Although I'm annoyed they don't let you use the PVR function on the device that YOU OWN without the subscriptions. Grrrrr

Computer says no.