[ANSWERED]: Older Motion Detector 2420 and communication

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:48 am
BruceP offline

[ANSWERED]: Older Motion Detector 2420 and communication

I have had an older 2420 Motion Detector (one without the two sensitivity dials inside) for some time and it has worked flawlessly. I noticed it one day not responding and found the battery was low, about 6volts. I received no low battery indication as I had programmed. I replaced the battery, and changed nothing else, and now I have issues.

Jumper 4 is the only one set to produce an ON only command.

The detector when inside at my desk works as desired. When placed in its rightful place, my garage, the LED does not flash, but Indigo reports about 1/3 of activity (allowing for delay). However if I press the set button Indigo does report the on or off command perfectly..

Not sure where to go with this.

Posted on
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Older Motion Detector 2420 and communication

Not sure, but I would probably factory reset it (then re-do the Define/Sync in Indigo). I'd also check to make sure that the new battery has full voltage. The motion sensors have a good reliability record I believe, but it might have malfunctioned.

Posted on
Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:32 am
BruceP offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Older Motion Detector 2420 and communication

Followed you suggestions. Did a reset twice, and it took on the third try. Now working as it did. I did check battery voltage, and it was good. Just seemed strange that all I wanted to do was change the battery.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1