unable to sync zwave device

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 pm
gregjsmith offline

unable to sync zwave device

I initially setup the zwave water sensor and it worked for about a day then became unreachable. I tried to re associate it with the z stick but I get the following errors.

Code: Select all
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for device "005 - Alarm Sensor (routing)"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - requesting neighbor list update of "005 - Alarm Sensor (routing)"
  Z-Wave                          received "Hallway Luminance Sensor" sensor update to 7 lux
  Z-Wave                          received "Hallway Humidity Sensor" sensor update to 62%
  Z-Wave                          received "Hallway Temperature Sensor" sensor update to 72.6 °F
  Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - neighbor list update failed
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "005 - Alarm Sensor (routing)"
  Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
  Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
  Z-Wave Error                    No response from "005 - Alarm Sensor (routing)". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 pm
howartp offline

Re: unable to sync zwave device

If it's battery powered, did you wake it up with it's button?

Battery devices only wake up every hour (default value) to see if any commands are waiting.

When you say unreachable - are you trying 'status request' - this won't work for the same reason, except every hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:46 pm
gregjsmith offline

It's a water sensor waking it would make it pretty useless. Like I said it worked the first day (maybe longer) without issues.

The request stats didn't work so I deleted the device and tried to create it again when I got he error.

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It needs to be awake to sync and do status requests. It stays in low power mode until it needs to report data (like detecting a leak) then goes back to sleep.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:34 pm
gregjsmith offline

I know the area I have it set up in has had gained and lost water. It should have reported that.

Still, if deleted and re added the device I shouldn't have got the errors.

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:29 am
howartp offline

gregjsmith wrote:
Still, if deleted and re added the device I shouldn't have got the errors.

The last line of the log you posted above is very clear.

Either the device is not awake or there is no route within 6 hops (6 powered devices) of the Zstick.

If you're new to Zwave, have a read of this thread where my response seems to be appreciated by beginners: viewtopic.php?f=152&t=14297

To get the device setup again in Indigo, regardless of whether it was working for a day or so, you need to go and wake it up as you hit the define&sync button, exactly as you set it up in the first place.

If that still isn't working, check your other powered (not battery) Zwave devices between the Zstick and the sensor - are any of them unplugged? Have you moved (or removed) any of them?

Peter

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:09 am
gregjsmith offline

I have two other zwave devices and they are aeotek mutisesensors. However the zstick is physically closer to the flood sensor than the motion detectors.

I removed the flood sensors batteries for a few hours and was able to recreate the device in Indigo. For now it's working again.

Im starting to wonder if the zstick is bad. Although the mutisensors are sending motion and other data without any issues, when I try to manually get a status request within indigo I get an "no ack" error message.

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:10 am
howartp offline

Are the MultiSensors powered or battery?

If they're battery, they will give No Ack until they next wake up.

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:12 am
gregjsmith offline

howartp wrote:
Are the MultiSensors powered or battery?

If they're battery, they will give No Ack until they next wake up.

They are battery powered, so that makes sense why I get no ack.

Page 1 of 1