Hide message broadcasts in Event Log

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 12:00 pm
Turribeach offline

Hide message broadcasts in Event Log

I noticed that some devices, like the Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS001) allows its related devices to "Hide message broadcasts in Event Log". I have a Popp & Co. Relay Power Switch which has a metering function and keeps pestering my event logs with "power load" events. Any way I can enable the "Hide message broadcasts in Event Log" option for this device? It looks to me as if this feature should be present on all devices.

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 pm
Korey offline

Re: Hide message broadcasts in Event Log

Turribeach wrote:
. Any way I can enable the "Hide message broadcasts in Event Log" option for this device? It looks to me as if this feature should be present on all devices.

+1!

:D

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 4:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Added to feature request list. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:50 am
Chameleon offline

Turribeach wrote:
I noticed that some devices, like the Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS001) allows its related devices to "Hide message broadcasts in Event Log". I have a Popp & Co. Relay Power Switch which has a metering function and keeps pestering my event logs with "power load" events. Any way I can enable the "Hide message broadcasts in Event Log" option for this device? It looks to me as if this feature should be present on all devices.

Definitely a +1 however you can reduce the number of signals in the log by reducing it's reporting frequency. You'll need to use the Interfaces/zwave modify configuration paper option. If you change parameter 1 (2 byte) you'll probably see like me that it's set to 1 by default (after retrieving the current value). As it measures in 5 second intervals that's going to be 12 reports a min.... I changed this parameter to 6 (5x6 = 30 seconds) and at least it only reports every 30 seconds which clears a lot of messages from my log. I'd change it to 720 for an hour between updates but I'm not sure if the reporting period impacts the updating of the power level and I use that for other reasons.

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:09 am
Chameleon offline

Chameleon wrote:
Turribeach wrote:

Definitely a +1 however you can reduce the number of signals in the log by reducing it's reporting frequency. You'll need to use the Interfaces/zwave modify configuration paper option. If you change parameter 1 (2 byte) you'll probably see like me that it's set to 1 by default (after retrieving the current value). As it measures in 5 second intervals that's going to be 12 reports a min.... I changed this parameter to 6 (5x6 = 30 seconds) and at least it only reports every 30 seconds which clears a lot of messages from my log. I'd change it to 720 for an hour between updates but I'm not sure if the reporting period impacts the updating of the power level and I use that for other reasons.

BTW - this also works for the TKB Power Meter Switch as well. Strangely the default report setting for that device was 720 or 1 hour :D

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:45 am
cozei offline

+1

I like that Aeon multi sensors have this hide setting. Wish I could also hide Insteon motion sensors as well.

Page 1 of 1