Fibaro Dual Switch

Posted on
Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:43 am
petematheson offline

Fibaro Dual Switch

Hi All,

I've finally managed to get my dimmer in the wall and working! Well, aside from having to order a new light switch that's on it's way as we speak :)

I'm next looking at getting one of the dual switches, able to control 2 independent loads (assuming this shows in Indigo as 2 separate devices?)
On Amazon is says this needs a neutral, where the dimmer I've just installed didn't... is this true? Can it be wired in the UK without a neutral?

Posted on
Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:01 am
petematheson offline

Re: Fibaro Dual Switch

OK, so a bit more research says this does need a neutral.
In that case, what are my options for controlling my non-dimming lights around the house?

Posted on
Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:03 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, I believe all non-dimmable switch modules (Z-Wave, INSTEON, etc.) require a neutral to work. The neutral-less ones only work with dimmable modules because the module can let a tiny amount of currently flow through the load (light) so that the module can be powered to receive commands. If the load isn't dimmable, then the trick of siphoning off some current won't work.

Posted on
Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:24 am
durosity offline

I remember someone mentioned using fibaro dimmers and setting one the parameters as instant on/no fading and that worked fine for them. It might've been on dream greenhouse.com but I can't quite remember (or check right now)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:20 am
AndyVirus offline

I use fibaro dimmers for non dimable bulbs as mentioned by durosity as you can set the dim speed and steps. The inly gotcha is it needs a minimum load of 25w i think so you may need a fibaro bypass ( or other dummy load) if your using a single led bulb. No min load for a fibaro switch with a neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1