[ANSWERED]Z-wave devices are wrong type in Indigo touch

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:17 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

[ANSWERED]Z-wave devices are wrong type in Indigo touch

Hi

Just getting started (coming from several years with HomeSeer, so I have experience)

I added an HSM-100 multi sensor. It detects the child devices (temp, luminance, motion), but when I go to devices in Touch, it appears as an on/off device and pressing it brings up an on/off dialog. This is clearly wrong. Why doesn't the software know what type of device it is? All the info is in the device. IF it can't figure it out, where the option for me to configure it?

Regards

mark

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:42 pm
durosity offline

Re: Z-wave devices are wrong type in Indigo touch

Unfortunately indigo touch hasn't been updated for quite some time so there's quite a few little issues like that. That said they've already stated on another thread that the next update will fix this issue, and Apparently that is now one of their top priorities.. So fingers crossed for some nice updates in the not too distant future

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:00 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

Thanks for reply

Did they mention a timescale?

More generally: how often do version upgrades come out and do all the apps (e.g. Server and touch) get released together ?

Regards

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can get a feel for how often we release updates by browsing the Announcements sub forum.

The Indigo Touch app is in dire need of a serious refresh. It is our top priority right now. We don't have an ETA yet for the next major release and we rarely publish release dates (except for sometimes minor updates that are being released within days).

Although releasing all apps (Indigo Server, Indigo Client, Indigo Web server, and Indigo Touch) simultaneously would be fantastic, realistically it isn't going to happen. Keep in mind there are two of us here at ID and we do everything (design, development, QA, support, sales, docs, etc.), so resources are stretched thin and ToDo lists often overflow-ith. :-)

Posted on
Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:26 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

Thanks for reply Matt

Wasn't aware there was just two of you!

Anyway thanks for reply. It's a bit early to tell for sure, but I'll probably be using control pages or HTML for most of my stuff, so shouldn't be an issue

Regards

mark

Page 1 of 1