[ANSWERED]Replacing Device - Seems very cumbersome

Posted on
Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:21 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

[ANSWERED]Replacing Device - Seems very cumbersome

Total Noob here (with Indigo, but plenty of HA experience)

Using trial. Added NEST plugin and my Nest. Wanted to delete samples. Had to edit about 30 actions and control pages.. Isn;t there a way to say replace device A with Device b?

This was something I could do easily in HomeSeer

It's also very bizarre that it wants to delete all actions where the device exists. for example, I went to delete the den fixture in the sample and it tells me it's going to 5 action groups (e.g. all lights on) and 3 control pages. This is just madness and may be a show stopper fro me. Why can't it just remove that device from those items. instead of forcing the user to manually open every single one of them delete them (having to click delete... to get back to the list every time). What's worse, is deleting them from a floor plan is a nightmare: you have to click on every single item you think might be the device you;'re trying to find. Why is there no list view: even Microsoft word has that for a drawing!

As a noob, is all this info in a DB, XML files or something else. I'd consider writing something to take care of device deletion/replacement.

Thanks

Mark

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:35 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Replacing Device - Seems very cumbersome

Hi Mark - replacing a device is as easy as editing the device and selecting the new type. So rather than creating a new device and editing everything, just edit the device itself.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:17 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

Re: Replacing Device - Seems very cumbersome

Cool. Thanks Matt

Knew it couldn't be that difficult.

Phew!

Regards

Mark

Page 1 of 1