[ANSWERED]Do you use a traditional alarm with Indigo?

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 1:33 pm
howartp offline

Re: Do you use a traditional alarm with Indigo?

I only have 4 on the system I'm replacing as that's all it can take - the two main front doors are serial'd on zone 1, the PIR in the passage by the keypad is zone 2 (with entry delay on it), the other downstairs rooms are serial'd on zone 3, and the landing (night arming) is on zone 4.

I haven't room for anything larger where I have the alarm at the moment, though having looked this evening I could move it into the adjacent cupboard as most cables come down the wall past it. If I ever expand too far, the expansion module will have to go in another cabinet in that cupboard, then keybus it to the first cabinet.

Peter

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 pm
durosity offline

In that case I have an old PC5008 6 zone controller you can have if you want.. It's old but practically unused.. You'd just need the case and PSU. I presume the envisalink would work with it as it worked fine with a serial IT100 board.. If you want it just pm me your address and I'll pop it in the post for you.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 1:53 pm
howartp offline

Thanks for the offer - earlier today I may well have taken you up on it.

But I'm now looking to adding more hardwired zones and probably some wireless as well - the 1832 will take 8 plus two zones on the two keypads so that will be 10 zones to start with.

What size cabinets are you using, and where did you buy your DSC stuff from?

Peter

Posted on
Sun May 25, 2014 3:31 pm
durosity offline

Ah fair enough!

I'm using 2 of these:

http://www.aartech.ca/pc5003c-dsc-metal-enclosure.html

I've sourced the parts from various locations, but most recently my parts have come from a supplier in Bulgaria supplying eu rated parts (not that it matters as I'm not using it for insurance price reductions or anything like that).

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:47 pm
mrs40something offline

Get your bits from www.thesecuritystore.uk.com - but contact them first of you will pay "suggested retail rates". I had been put off by the prices until I spoke with them! Loads of cabinets - small large, surface, flush. We had a large cabinet and everything went in the one box (see picture).
Attachments
IMG_2224.jpg
IMG_2224.jpg (207.12 KiB) Viewed 2201 times

Posted on
Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:49 am
howartp offline

Only three months too late with this reply... I actually bought them all from wtxsecurity.com - their DSC sales guy Shayne is a former DSC Engineer or something so knows the systems inside out.