[ANSWERED]Tagging / Using Groups of Devices?

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm
scriptures4life offline

[ANSWERED]Tagging / Using Groups of Devices?

Hi team,

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can create / tag groups of devices, and reuse that group in different action groups?

For example, I have two types of devices, Insteon switches for lights, and an Insteon switch which controls a heated towel rack.
I want to create a group called Lights that excludes the towel rack. Right now, If I use "All lights off" it turns off my towel rack.

Another example would be "all halogen lights" or "all fluorescent lights" or "all devices in the Master Bedroom" or "all devices in the Living Room."

Thanks!
Danny

All house lights and block heater are Insteon switches. Running Indigo Pro.

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Tagging / Using Groups of Devices?

Hi Danny,

How about creating a PowerLinc Group/Scene for the different sets (Interfaces->INSTEON->Manage INSTEON PowerLinc Links menu item)?

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Tagging / Using Groups of Devices?

There are also two other generic methods Indigo supplies that can do this: you can create an action group that turns off some collection of devices or you can create a Device Group virtual device with just the devices you want.

Both of these are reusable - you use the execute action group command in an action on any trigger/schedule/control page or you can use the standard on/off actions with a device group.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1