/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/ Folders

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:06 pm
jbinder offline

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/ Folders

Hi - I was cleaning up some unused plugins today. In the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/ folder I see folders for different versions of Indigo going back to Indigo 7.4. I am currently running Indigo 2022.2. Do I need to keep the previous version folders or can I trash them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/ Fold

Generally speaking you can probably delete them all. That said, there is a possibility that your current Indigo setup/configuration is referencing scripts or other files in one of the older install folders. That normally doesn't happen, but if you don't have a backup of everything you might want to move all of those folders to a "pending delete" folder and then restart the Indigo Server and let it run a few days to make sure there aren't any problems.

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:41 pm
DaveL17 offline

For what it's worth, I usually ZIP prior Indigo folders and save them to my NAS. Space is cheap and I have had to go back to old versions to grab the occasional script or control page image (just as Matt suggests).

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DaveL17 wrote:
For what it's worth, I usually ZIP prior Indigo folders and save them to my NAS. Space is cheap and I have had to go back to old versions to grab the occasional script or control page image (just as Matt suggests).

Zipping it up then deleting the unzipped folder is a great way to determine if there are some crufty references from your current install into those folders, IMO.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1