Dual Indigo Installations

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40 pm
Midnightsun offline

Dual Indigo Installations

I have indigo installed on a dedicated computer in the furnace room however it would be nice if I could control lighting via my main computer. How can I install it on my main computer without removing it from the dedicated one?

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Dual Indigo Installations

You may get an error message when you start up the client. There's a bug in the current version when you try to start the client only. Ignore it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:08 am
DaveL17 offline

Note too, that there is an option in the Indigo installer to install the client only. If you run the installer without the client-only install option set, it will install another instance of the server.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:21 am
Midnightsun offline

Thanks for all the help. Just need a little more.

When I install using the "use client only" option, I get a window which says "connect to remote indigo server" What am I supposed to fill in to point it to my computer which is running the full version?

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 am
autolog offline

The IP Address of you Apple Mac running the Indigo Server (e.g. 192.168.1.10) or the name of the computer (e.g. My Mac Mini) :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

Midnightsun wrote:
When I install using the "use client only" option, I get a window which says "connect to remote indigo server" What am I supposed to fill in to point it to my computer which is running the full version?

On the computer running Indigo (server), look at the "Sharing" pane of System Preferences for "Computers on your local network can access your computer at:"

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 am
Midnightsun offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Midnightsun wrote:

On the computer running Indigo (server), look at the "Sharing" pane of System Preferences for "Computers on your local network can access your computer at:"

Thank you, this worked perfectly for me.

Page 1 of 1