7.1 High Sierra

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 7.1 High Sierra

I just checked and they're working fine for me. Temporarily switch your default browser to Safari and see if that makes any difference.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 pm
jon offline

Yep, works fine in Safari. That's just odd.

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 pm
jon offline

Disabled all extensions in Chrome and links worked. Re-enabled extensions... still worked. Guess I'll call that a win?

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 pm
koburg offline

10.13.2 high Sierra just released hope this fix the bugs about indigodomo.

Hope yo hear from somebody who test it

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 pm
sarahcat offline

:mrgreen:

Yes, so do I. This is the most will power I've ever had to avoid updating MacOS. Everything is working and continued to do so while I was on vacation. Now, I considering the upgrade.

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

koburg wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=150933#p150933

:shock:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 pm
sarahcat offline

I have another headless, late 2012 Mac Mini, running El Capitan, so I think I'll move my interfaces and Indigo to it. Just now, it's only running Security Spy, so I can afford to let it stay one or two MacOS releases behind and keep my i7 Quadcore Mac up to date, at least until it becomes incapable of running the latest MacOS releases.

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:25 pm
Turribeach offline

I am looking to buy a new Mac in the next few months so I am keeping an eye on this thread. I have seen the High Sierra warning thread but it is not clear to me whether the High Sierra USB issues with the Z-Stick are happening to all customers or just some. If I get a new Mac is it worth trying out High Sierra or should I look to get another Mac OS X version? How can someone downgrade from High Sierra to Sierra on a newly purchased Mac?

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm
CliveS offline

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=19402
I posted links to Sierra in that thread as Apple have hidden it. You will also have to reformat as you can't install Sierra on their new file system

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

lanbrown wrote:
Turribeach wrote:
I am looking to buy a new Mac in the next few months so I am keeping an eye on this thread. I have seen the High Sierra warning thread but it is not clear to me whether the High Sierra USB issues with the Z-Stick are happening to all customers or just some. If I get a new Mac is it worth trying out High Sierra or should I look to get another Mac OS X version? How can someone downgrade from High Sierra to Sierra on a newly purchased Mac?

That depends on the Mac. If it is a new Mac model that was introduced along with or after High Sierra was released, it won't install without some modifications.

I believe (but am not certain) that the USB issue is generally on older hardware (a couple of years at least) but I could be wrong on that point. It definitely does appear to be somewhat machine type/age specific but no real patterns have emerged yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:22 pm
Turribeach offline

jay (support) wrote:
I believe (but am not certain) that the USB issue is generally on older hardware (a couple of years at least) but I could be wrong on that point. It definitely does appear to be somewhat machine type/age specific but no real patterns have emerged yet.

Thanks Jay. So I guess I should really test Indigo on the new machine on High Sierra and see how far I get. Aside from USB issues, is there anything else High Sierra Indigo users need to be aware of?

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm
philc offline

I upgraded my headless 2011 Mac Mini to High Sierra (10.13.1) two days ago via the App Store when news of Spectre/Meltdown broke. I was fully prepared for USB issues, etc., but it didn't happen. Mac Mini is up and running, RFXTRX, Insteon, and Aeotec all running just fine. Either my instance is unique, or Apple addressed the USB issues in that release. I'm going to update to 10.13.2 now and see what happens.

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm going to stay firmly in the "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" camp here. I've jumped the gun on macOS upgrades before and killed my home automation so until there is a solid reason for me to upgrade then it's staying on El Capitan where it sits for now. Things are running smooth and if I ever decide to try this it is going to be on a VMWare virtual machine so I can roll back fast as you please. Now if Matt or Jay tell us "ok, we are 100% confident in High Sierra" then maybe but I don't think that statement is gracing this forum for some time yet.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

lanbrown wrote:
Out of curiosity I just updated to High Sierra (10.13.2). I only have Z-Wave via a Gen 5 USB stick. Mac wise, it runs under VMware. So far, no USB issues. I even performed an optimization and no errors. If I get any I just revert the snapshot back to Sierra which will take a few moments.

Glad that's working for you, but it's not a supported configuration.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

philc wrote:
Either my instance is unique, or Apple addressed the USB issues in that release. I'm going to update to 10.13.2 now and see what happens.

This bug has never been universal - it seems dependent on the particular Mac hardware you're running. There are a lot of people running it without issue. There are, however, enough people seeing issues that we're still warning people off. I suspect it's older hardware that's the issue but I don't have enough data to make a reasonable correlation. 10.13.2 most definitely still breaks some users (via multiple reports).

FYI, Apple patched the security bugs in High Sierra, Sierra, and El Capitan...

Jay (Indigo Support)