No GUI After 7.1 Upgrade

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:49 am
Bollar offline

Re: No GUI After 7.1 Upgrade

matt (support) wrote:
I finding some chatter online about brew (homebrew) installations breaking SSL. Have you ever run brew from the command line?

What is the Terminal result of the following:

python -c "import sys; print('\n'.join(sys.path))"

and also of this:

python -c "import os.path; import ssl; print(os.path.abspath(ssl.__file__))"

It's possible, but I don't think I've installed Brew on this machine.

Code: Select all
server:~ mediaserver$ python -c "import sys; print('\n'.join(sys.path))"

/Library/vendored/tlsssl
/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.7.egg
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python27.zip
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-old
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload
/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC
server:~ mediaserver$ python -c "import os.path; import ssl; print(os.path.abspath(ssl.__file__))"
/Library/vendored/tlsssl/ssl.pyc
server:~ mediaserver$

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 am
CrazyFin offline

I have been running brew in order to work with OpenZWave Control Panel so the buzz you @Matt is talking about affected me but I didn't get any bigger problems than this:
After I installed the upgrade 7.1 and restarted Indigo then Indigo popped up a window where it wanted me to re-enter my username and logon details to the Indigo web page in order to validate my license. I entered the details and startup of Indigo completed ok and has been running fine since then.

@Bollar: Could it be that you missed that window asking for license validation?
If you go to Indigo 7 on the top menu on the left and then choose "License Details".
What license details does the window show you?

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:57 am
FlyingDiver offline

That "/Library/vendored/" path entry came from somewhere. It's not standard Python. I would remove or rename it and see if Indigo starts working properly.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 am
Bollar offline

CrazyFin wrote:
I have been running brew in order to work with OpenZWave Control Panel so the buzz you @Matt is talking about affected me but I didn't get any bigger problems than this:
After I installed the upgrade 7.1 and restarted Indigo then Indigo popped up a window where it wanted me to re-enter my username and logon details to the Indigo web page in order to validate my license. I entered the details and startup of Indigo completed ok and has been running fine since then.

@Bollar: Could it be that you missed that window asking for license validation?
If you go to Indigo 7 on the top menu on the left and then choose "License Details".
What license details does the window show you?

Thanks -- I didn't get a license pop-up (and if I did miss it, I don't have the option to enter the details now). The License Details window is the first image I posted in this thread.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am
CrazyFin offline

Bollar wrote:
The License Details window is the first image I posted in this thread.

Ok cool. I looked at your first post but the image there is not visible? Maybe because it was attached as a TIFF file?
Your third image (in post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?p=147373#p147373) though clearly shows that you are running it unlicensed.

If you go into the meny "License Info" under Indigo 7 menu. Do you see somethinglike this or is the name empty and no date?
License info.jpg
License info.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 3055 times
and if you click on the "Manage Subscription" you should arrive at Indigo Domotics webpage for managing your license. Will not most likely not help you but maybe this will @Matt and @Jay to find out what is going on?

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Given the error the UI isn't going to show. Indigo is in a hobbled state because it cannot completely initialize.

FlyingDiver wrote:
That "/Library/vendored/" path entry came from somewhere. It's not standard Python. I would remove or rename it and see if Indigo starts working properly.

This is correct. Something installed a new python include path and their own version of the SSL module, which isn't compatible with the default version included by Apple. From Google it looks like it might have been a 3rd party version of the OpenSSL library. Specifically, I'm not referring to the brew instructions on that page but where it talks about using "vendored_tlsssl.pkg file from the latest releases page." It isn't cool that that package (or whatever software was installed that did something similar) adds its own python inclusion path of "/Library/vendored/tlsssl" AND includes a version that isn't really cross compatible with Apple's default SSL implementation.

I poked around the source files in the vendored/tlssl package, and I think it is installing its path using this file:

/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/payload/000vendored.pth

I'm not sure I have the path exactly right, but if you see that file try deleting it (or moving it out to your desktop), and see if Indigo will start. Completely shutdown the Indigo Server and quit the Indigo Client. If that doesn't work do a full reboot.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 pm
Bollar offline

Removing the vendored module fixed the problem. Not sure how that got installed, since that box only runs production Indigo.

Thanks for figuring it out!

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:35 pm
Albatros offline

I have had the same problem. No GUI after installation of 7.1.

After rebooting and restarting the Indigo Server several times it suddenly workes again. No clue why. Also the installation took ages...

Update:

Oh dear, Gui stoped working after a while. After stopping the server and starting again the GUI was back again. What could be wrong?

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Follow the steps in this post above and copy/past the results into a reply.

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm
Albatros offline

Here is the return:

[Mac-mini-van-XXXX:~ XXXX$ python -c "import sys; print('\n'.join(sys.path))"

/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python27.zip
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-old
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC
/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages
Mac-mini-van-XXXX:~ XXXX$

Mac-mini-van-XXXX:~ XXXX$ python -c "import os.path; import ssl; print(os.path.abspath(ssl.__file__))"
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.pyc
Mac-mini-van-XXXX:~ XXXX$

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Albatros wrote:
\Oh dear, Gui stoped working after a while. After stopping the server and starting again the GUI was back again. What could be wrong?

Is is just the GUI that is failing? That is, does does your Indigo schedules, triggers, and logic continue to execute okay in the background?

What specifically do you mean by the GUI stopping working? Error messages? Does Indigo's Event Log files have any details?

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:20 pm
Albatros offline

The same GUI problems as Bollar. Triggers etc are working and I can see the menu but most of it is grayed out an no Home Window.

Just installed 7.1.1 and again the problem. After start-stop the server several times the Home Window is working again.

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The next time it happens, can you email us screen captures of:

• menu bar
• about box window (Indigo 7->About Indigo... menu item)
• start local server dialog (Indigo 7->Start Local Server... menu item)

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm
Albatros offline

This is something I found in the log when starting

2017-11-11 20:08:29.220 Error embedded script executor host failed to initialize
2017-11-11 20:08:29.220 Application Stopping embedded script executor host (pid 2102)
2017-11-11 20:08:29.321 Application Stopped "embedded script executor host"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.44.52.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.44.52.png (145.43 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.38.27.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.38.27.png (213.73 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.37.03.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.37.03.png (193.06 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:02 pm
Albatros offline

And after installing an update of the Panasonic pluging it just stopped working completely. Showing this screen:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.46.48.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 22.46.48.png (109.16 KiB) Viewed 2529 times