Supported OSX versions?

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Supported OSX versions?

Have you since rebooted the Mac? I'm wondering if the issue only happens when you have the PowerLinc connected during boot. If you boot without it then plug it in (or if you unplug/replug while it's running) does that always work?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Bleasel offline

No problem here:

Mac Pro (mid 201)
OS 10.13

Indigo 7.0.3
Z-Stick (series 2)

Fibaro ( dimmers / motion sensor)
Aeotec (dimmers / smart switch)
Schlage Link LE130 Remote Control
Sonos
DSC / EnvisaLink 3
Open Sprinkler
Wunderground
Matplotlib
Smartphone Radar
Yamahar Rx Receiver

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 am
jalves offline

Byproduct of the High Sierra upgrade on my headless MacMini; significantly reduced CPU loads. My mini runs Indigo, Security Spy, and several smaller functions. Before the upgrade it was running heavy CPU loads (75% or more), mostly due to 6 Security Spy cameras. After the upgrade loads are more in the 25% range.

Prior to this, I had been considering upgrading the mini to an SSD drive or totally changing to an iMac to run all those functions. Now I might just be able to save that purchase. Well, I'll probably move to and SSD just on general principles.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm
zeigh offline

Add this to the list of incompatible Mac OS 10.13 configurations:

- Mac Pro 2 x 3.06 GHz 6 core Intel Xeon (Mid 2012 model, Mac Pro 5,1)
- Indigo 7.0.3
- PowerLinc 2413U

The PowerLinc inconsistently shows connected in Indigo, but all functionality never gets to any of the devices. This includes manually resetting old/new devices, batch synching, and more. Nothing but constant red error text ticking away on the event log and matches up to the USB driver problems previously mentioned by the developers. No workaround with inserting a USB 2 hub helped or any other basic troubleshooting (restart, testing a standby PowerLinc 2413U, changing cables, etc.). As soon as I rebooted into a previous Mac 10.12.6 clone, all functionality returned to normal.

BTW, I also moved an entire home electrical panel during this time and upgraded to all arc fault circuit breakers (AFCI). I initially assumed this was the source of my problem, but a quick test swap -out of a traditional circuit breaker found the same issue.

When I get time, I will see if i can dig deeper into various logs and more advanced troubleshooting. In the meantime, backup, backup, BACKUP!

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Read over this forum thread and try the suggestion at the bottom (using a USB2 hub) to see if that helps.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am
zeigh offline

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I did indeed see your earlier post with my initial troubleshooting research and it unfortunately did not help. I'll try another USB 2 hub if I can dig one up and post back if that corrects my issue.

I also might mention that in the upgrade to Mac OS 10.13, a firmware installation was "unexpectedly forced" after the restart of the High Sierra installer and it actually starting it's work. I'll have to see what the firmware version was and what it was for when I get a chance.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:27 am
srkinard offline

zeigh wrote:
I also might mention that in the upgrade to Mac OS 10.13, a firmware installation was "unexpectedly forced" after the restart of the High Sierra installer and it actually starting it's work. I'll have to see what the firmware version was and what it was for when I get a chance.

The firmware update is required to support booting from APFS-formatted drives, so Apple forces this EFI update to all eligible systems. There's not really an option to roll it back as it can cause instability with High Sierra.

Ross