Moved PowerLinc broke the system! Help!

Posted on
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 pm
Fxguy offline

Moved PowerLinc broke the system! Help!

So I decided to migrate my Indigo Server from our Living Room Mac Pro early 2008 (maxed out at OS 10.7) to my wife's iMac (Late 2013) upstairs. In doing so I seem to have broken the system. Simply by moving the powerlinc now I have several devices that are failing with the log:

"Living Room Lamps" off; send failed (no acknowledgment)

I tried to run iHealth on the iMac I get the following error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
Referenced from: ./CPAN/SerialPort.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
Referenced from: ./CPAN/SerialPort.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace

Abort trap: 6
This window will automatically close in 30 seconds
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

At first I thought it was a failed Range Extender / Bridge but a brand new one arrived and I synced/bridged so that I got the green LED. However when I try to add the address it fails. I can define the device, press and hold the set button and the address appears in indigo, but when I hit Start I get the message:

Failed to establish a link with the device.
Verify the INSTEON address and make sure the device is plugged in and/or correctly installed..

I'm stumped how moving it has caused such a hassle?

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Moved PowerLinc broke the system! Help!

Yeah, unfortunately, physically moving the PowerLinc will almost always cause the signal path to change, not to mention that the new circuit may have some signal noise that the original location didn't have. You'll need to try moving some dual-band devices around to see if you can get a better/stronger signal to the devices which the PowerLinc is having a hard time communicating with.

You may also need to do some diagnostics on the new circuit to see if you can isolate (and filter) any noise makers that may be there.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm
Fxguy offline

Re: Moved PowerLinc broke the system! Help!

Thanks Jay!

I was struggling to do some diagnostics. Couldn't get the iHealth tool to run, but I was able to install the Survey Plugin and run a scan. Seems there were only 4 devices (all in my living room) that weren't working. I moved the access bridge to an outlet in the living room and now everything is up and running fine!

Now to figure out this whole Raspberry Pi / Beacon thing.....

Page 1 of 1