Please tell me how updates work now

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 am
mwarner offline

Please tell me how updates work now

I upgraded to version 7 earlier this year. I've just read the description of the up to date program, but I'm still confused over some simple operation, so here are a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) If I am active in the up to date program, when I open Indigo, should it automatically check for updates and tell me if there is one, or do I still have to go to the Indigo 7 menu and chose "check for updates" If the former, why is this not working for me? If the former, when I download the updated version, should I just run the installer package and be good to go, or are there a series of "watch out" steps that I need to take first?

2) When my up to date subscription is about to run out, will I get a notification, and if so how?

thanks again!

Mark

Posted on
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Please tell me how updates work now

1) If you have Automatically check for updates when clients connect checked in the General preferences then it'll check automatically. You just download the latest installer and run it - it will update an existing install but leave all of your settings intact.

2) Yes, we'll send out notifications when subscriptions are about to expire. We're working on Indigo 7.1 and some backend changes that will enable renewals and we'll be sending out notifications about that in the coming weeks. All UTD subscriptions are currently active - we've extended those that expired in June and July to August 1st for free.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 am
mwarner offline

Re: Please tell me how updates work now

Thanks Jay!

Page 1 of 1