Insteon Controller Fault

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm
pjeski offline

Insteon Controller Fault

I have a 2412U connected to a Mac Mini running Indigo 7.0.2. Every time I have a brief power outage, Indigo loses communication with the interface and does not automatically reconnect. The mini is on a UPS, but of course the 2412U is not.

I lose power too seldom to know when this started (like if it is version 7 related), If i go to the interfaces menu and select configure interface, the combobox for the serial port says "serial port not found". I have to restart the mini to get it to work again.

What should I check next?

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Insteon Controller Fault

I lose power too seldom to know when this started (like if it is version 7 related), If i go to the interfaces menu and select configure interface, the combobox for the serial port says "serial port not found". I have to restart the mini to get it to work again.

I get this occasionally as well -- however, I have found that I am able to disconnect the controller from the wall (and pull the USB out for what that is worth), then connect it back up. That lets the system, and Indigo, see it again without a reboot. YMMV, but that works for me. I have only noticed this behavior after V7 was out but then again that could be totally coincidental.

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 am
pjeski offline

Unplugging the interface from the wall does not work for me, as that causes the issue. Unplugging the USB might, but that's impractical when I'm out of town. (I can reboot the mini remotely, though). Again I'm not 100% sure this started with 7.0, but I know it's a relatively new issue.

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We've had sporadic reports of this over the years (well before Indigo 7). It's one of two things: the USB bus is getting into a bad state and doesn't see the PowerLinc come back or the PowerLinc isn't reconnecting to USB correctly. Sounds like your issue is the former. If the PowerLinc isn't directly connected to a USB port on your Mac make sure that it is. If it already is, switch the port it's plugged into with another one. Also, try a new USB cable and try removing everything else from the USB ports on your Mac except the PowerLinc, mouse/keyboard.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1