ZWave 5th Gen USB Stick and Upgrade----Thoughts?

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: ZWave 5th Gen USB Stick and Upgrade----Thoughts?

CrazyFin wrote:
@DaveL17: Would it also be possible to run a script that shows all config params for the devices that Indigo knows about?
For some devices I have used the Indigo interface command "Modify configuration parameters" so I understand that it would be difficult to get those parameters?
Unless one creates a script that actually prints out all parameter settings from 1-255 for all devices?

I honestly don't know, but I think that might be difficult. You might try looking at a copy of the Indigo database file to see what sorts of information are stored there. I suspect that Indigo doesn't track parameters that are set manually--but I'm not sure about that (and I'm unfortunately not at a place that I can check at the moment).

Otherwise, I think you're right--I think it would be a script that iterates over all devices and all possible parameters--but I don't think that would tell you whether an individual parameter is a default, set by Indigo or set manually. But I am very much out of my element without doing some further research.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Like associations you can access the current configuration values via zwConfigVals (or the string version zwConfigValsStr). But Dave is correct, Indigo doesn't save/track configuration values that are are set manually via the modify command unless (if I remember correctly) Indigo has that configuration parameter defined in the device definition. That is, if it doesn't show up in the device settings dialog UI then Indigo is unlikely to track its value.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am
CrazyFin offline

Ah ok, then I would have to create a script that polls each Z-Wave device and polls it for config params from 1 to 255 and it will most likely get fails on most readings since most of the devices has only few available parameter settings.
I guess it would be quite time consuming as well to ask 50+ devices for 254 parameter values... :shock:

EDIT: Sorry, forgot that probably more than half of my devices actually has the config params in the device GUI so that should be easy to pick up with the script.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, and realistically most devices have parameters relatively consecutive in sequence. So you could have it that if you get 10 failures in a row you stop checking for additional parameters for that device?

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm
DaveL17 offline

matt (support) wrote:
But Dave is correct,

I never get tired of hearing that. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]