Weather Data Broken on 7

Posted on
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:51 am
colovin offline

Weather Data Broken on 7

Classic reason why I don't like upgrading, things get broken :cry: I've just upgraded from 6 to 7. I've been importing Weather Data from WeatherDisplay into Indigo for YEARS. I haven't hat to touch it for YEARS. I have know idea where to look to relink because I haven't touched it for YEARS. I don't have hours at the moment to try and jog old memories, does anyone know off hand how I can fix this? Every minute I used to get Weather Data imported in my event log now I'm getting
"undefined page requested "http://127.0.0.1:8176/wd/importData" from 127.0.0.1"
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Weather Data Broken on 7

Is it possible you didn't move over a Web Server Plugin as described in the Upgrading from section of the Indigo 7 docs?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 am
colovin offline

Jay, thank you for your rapid reply. No I didn't copy over the plug in so when I did that it went back to working :). Now I'm having trouble with Airfoil. I'm running Airfoil 5.5.2 I've enabled Airfoil Pro in the plugin menu but I'm getting back a not enabled error

Enabling plugin "Airfoil Pro 1.0.7"
Starting plugin "Airfoil Pro 1.0.7" (pid 1347)
Started plugin "Airfoil Pro 1.0.7"
Airfoil Pro Available Airfoil instances: {u'Ultimate-Computer (3)': u'Ultimate-Computer.local:44875'}

Apr 8, 2017, 10:05:01 AM
WebServer WD Weather Data Updated

Apr 8, 2017, 10:06:01 AM
Schedule Bell 10AM
Error unable to execute action -- device plugin Airfoil not enabled
WebServer WD Weather Data Updated
Schedule Bell 10AM (delayed action)

You can see that the WD Weather Data is being updated ;) Is there a lot more configuration that needs to be done on Airfoil vs how it worked on 6? Would the old Airfoil plugin work in 7 as it did in 6 until I can learn whatever new things that need to be done? I'm just a little crunched for time at the moment, was hoping I could just install 7 and continue on . . . I should have know better.

Posted on
Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Airfoil Pro plugin in Indigo 7 works quite a bit differently than the old Airfoil plugin did so it's not a drop-in replacement - you'll need to read up on how it works to convert to it. You can still use the old plugin (it should still show up in the plugin list).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm
colovin offline

Thanks for the reply. Yes I got the speakers to show up as devices but there was some other error that popped up, something about remote error or something like that, can't remember. Then got the old plugin working with a bit of tweaking so all is working as it did in 6 for the moment. Unfortunately I've got too many things going on at the moment to really get into all the new features. I don't have the time to learn new tricks, just wanted to keep the old ones going. I might be getting too old for this stuff. You set things up and they work flawlessly for a LONG time so you forget how you set them up. In a few week I'll be able to start exploring till then STAY OFF MY LAWN!!! :)

Page 1 of 1