Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-Pro and X10

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38 pm
makedrinklas offline

Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-Pro and X10

So I have setup two new Ubiquiti access points in my 2800 sf house. Previously all X10 devices worked fine and when I unplug the APs things appear to work reliably once again. Maybe I'm crazy on that. My problem is all WS13a's and other devices like those and the PR511's don't reliably turn on and off. Sometimes they don't even respond via Indigo after repeated attempts. I'm lost. I even put in a new X10 XPCR. Simultaneously, I've done the recent Indigo upgrades. What should I do? I would hate to ditch all exterior X10 devices. Interiors also seem to work fine, none controlled by the two aforementioned control devices. Things are getting wild and unreliable here.

Posted on
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 pm
makedrinklas offline

Re: Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-Pro and X10

BTW I'm talking about 6 devices, all exterior lights. Totally intermittent problem. I'm poking one PR511 right now and no response at all. Any leads, anything? Hard to believe two WiFi devices have shit down X10. The Hue Bridge seems to work fine as well as some plug in appliance modules. Is it the update?

Posted on
Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 am
DaveL17 offline

How are you powering the WAPs? Are you running POE from the switch/router or are you injecting at the install point? I have a hard time imagining why it would make a difference, but it just might. If you're running POE from the switch/router location to both, then I'm stumped as there shouldn't be any interference from the WAPs.

Wikipedia wrote:
The [X10] wireless protocol operates at a frequency of 310 MHz in the U.S. and 433.92 MHz in European systems.

The WIFI is in the Ghz band so there *should'nt* be any radio interference.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
Different Computers offline

Could you try switching the outlets that the APs get power from? Maybe something about those outlets are causing line noise.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 pm
makedrinklas offline

Yes the APs are powered by a 24 port USW the is on the same circuit that powers the Indigo Mac. The PLM however is on a different circuit. This is an old database recently upgraded to v7 as well. It's weird, Christmas
lights are coming on but not the desired security lights. Pwned? I'm in a room and suddenly the light will go off. Without seemingly any logical reason... :oops: :?:

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 pm
makedrinklas offline

More: three of the SW13As that are not reacting properly have their LED indicator lights half on, or dimmed. WTF? These are on/off devices. The lights are off but the LEDs are dimmed on. Even lights that are not part of any schedule, but on the same circuit. A group of 3 WS13As. Two of which are not programmed to do anything at this moment (Christmas freakin lights) and one that used to reliably turn on as a security light. Now darkness and half dimmed switches. Oh and sometimes the Christmas light circuits are full power/fully on per LED. Ugh. Same situation with the back porch SW13A and light. Sometimes. Half LED, no light. These are scheduled.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 am
Different Computers offline

mikedrinks wrote:
Without seemingly any logical reason... :oops: :?:

You mean there's no mention of it in Indigo's logs?

Afraid I don't even know what an SW13A is and googling didn't turn up anything likely, but this doesn't sound like a control problem, it sounds like a power or hardware problem.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:13 pm
makedrinklas offline

Whoops, I am so very sorry. WS13A's. Little bit of dyslexia there. Weird they would partially be on from the LED standpoint but the the actual light would be off. Speaking of logs, I'm picking this up in a new post where I'm seeing many unknown devices listed. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1