USB hub died, took out virtual serial port?

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:29 am
dlleon offline

USB hub died, took out virtual serial port?

I had a 2412U plugged into a nice hub. The hub died, so I moved the 2412U into th built in USB port.

The virtual USBserial port vanished, so Indigo can't communicate with the 2412U.

The only port showing up is some Nelson port that never worked (it was for an RFX controller that didn't work)

I can't get the original USBserial to show up.

Any idea on what I should be doing?

Indigo 7 on El Cap.

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: USB hub died, took out virtual serial port?

Only option is to try other USB ports (on the Mac or in other hubs) and hope that one works with it. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes a particular PowerLinc can have incompatibility with some USB controllers (either in hubs or in the Mac itself).

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:33 pm
dlleon offline

I think I'm closing in on this.

I reinstalled Indigo, plugged the USB modem directly into the computer, and it worked.

Then, I plugged in the hub into the other USB port on the computer. everything still worked

Moved the modem from the computer into the hub, still worked.

(Accidentally) plugged in the RFX unit into the hub (thought it was a Dymo), everything immediately went to hell, and I immediately received an error saying Indigo couldn't communicate with Powerlinc.

Looks like the conflict is with the RFX.

Disconnected the RFX, rebooted.

I'm still getting the USBSerial-A1LPYKU-port not found, (the only available one is a Nelson, that does not work at all.)

Reinstalled Indigo, removed everything from the hub, just have the USB modem plugged into the computer's usb, still have the USBSerial-A1LPYKU-port not found error

So, I know the thing works, it's this serial port thing that seems to be the issue. Is there a way to just install the serial port driver by itself?

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 pm
dlleon offline

Something odd.

After a reinstall and reboot, the new thing to show up is "USBserial-A60333OU" port in addition to the nelson port (the other USB port doesn't show)

Selecting the USBSerialA6033OU doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

When selecting the serial port USBserial-A60333OU what does the Event Log then show when it tries to connect?

And have you tried every possible USB port (moving devices around so you can try them all)?

Page 1 of 1